Shimano Stradic FL4000 XG + KAOS 7" 2pc 6-15lb Combo
Shimano Stradic FL 4000 XG Spinning Reel is designed to outperform all of its predecessors. For the first time in the Stradic class, the reel now features Silent Drive, Micromodule Gear II and a Long Stroke Spool for better casting distance. Durability has been further improved with increased gear strength and X-Protect water resistance. This proposition makes the Stradic FL the ideal ‘all-round’ spinning reel. It can be used for any type of freshwater fishing and is very suitable for ways of fishing where reliability and strength are important. At the same time this reel is an ideal choice for saltwater inshore fishing.
The Extra High Hear (XG) Shimano Stradic FL 4000 XG Spinning Reel is ideal for a range of estuary and inshore environments. Weighing in at 260g and suited to using braided line from 15lb to 20lb and is designed to match rods in the 3-6kg up to 4-8kg line class. Featuring 6+1 bearings, a 6.2:1 gear ratio and an upgraded Cross Carbon Drag system with 11kg of power.
Perfect for a wide variety of fishing styles, the Stradic FL 4000 XG is built to enhance your time on the water. Upgrade now!
Micro Module II
State-of-the-art, gear tooth surface design and MicroModule Gear II, are further advanced through Shimano's exclusive manufacturing technology. The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analysed and updated from the ground up in pursuit of perfection.
From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.
New HAGANE Gear
Hagane Gear has become the cornerstone of many of Shimano's finest spinning reels. With Shimano's own precision cold forging technology, the new Stradic, has improved gear durability and is equipped with a newly designed Hagane gear with equivalent strength to the upper model.
One Piece Bail
The one piece bail wire has no gap for the line to snag on during normal operation. Made of stainless steel, it reduces friction and allows the line to get into the line roller quicker.
By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed, water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
Long Stroke Spool
The long stroke spool design improves casting performance when compared to the previous model due to the improved line flow from the spool.
- New HAGANE Gear: cold-forged for strength and durability
- HAGANE Body: high rigidity and zero twist. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing
- X-Ship: increased gearing efficiency and power. This results in a fishing reel with ultra-light handle rotation
- X-Protect: high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation
- G Free Body: reel's centre of gravity is shifted closer to the rod to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort
- AR-C Spool Management System: longer casting distance than standard spool lip design
- One piece bail wire has no gap for the line to snag on during normal operation
- Long Stroke Spool
- Micro Module II
- Silent Drive
- Line Lay: Aerowrap II
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Family Type: Spinning
- Spool Material: Cold Forged aluminium
- Waterproof Drag: Yes
- Handle: Screw in machined aluminium single handle
- High grade 3 set cross carbon washer system with excellent wear resistance
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Bearings: 6+1
- Max Drag: 11kg
- Drag Type: Carbon
- Retrieve per Crank: 95cm
- Mono Capacity: 6/160 kg/m
- Powerpro Capacity: 15/280 lb/yd
- Weight: 260g
Shimano #KAOS Spinning Rod is designed from the ground up by the team at Shimano NZ to suit New Zealand species and fishing conditions. Featuring the new vibrant WINN grips, this rod not only provides top end comfort, but also a unique feel, only previously found in custom rod builds. The T45 blank construction, with its internal carbon wrap is used on industry leading Toray carbon which creates a light, balanced and crisp action with outstanding blank recovery. The #KAOS also features Fuji soft touch reel seats and guides to highlight and complete the whole aesthetics and quality of this class leading rod.
- Designed for lure fishing
- Vibrant WINN grips
- T45 blank construction with internal carbon wrap
- Toray graphite
- Split grip configuration
- Fuji soft touch reel seat
- Fuji guides
- Model: KAG702SP615
- Type: Spin
- Pieces: 2
- Colour: Lime Green
- Length: 7ft (2.1m)
- Line Weight: 6-15lb